Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Every little thing...

 One very powerless morning, after picking up so many socks off the floor, after picking up my son’s very tiny little cars I often step on, after washing my daughter for the fifth time this morning. I was done. Oh, how much I was wishing that I was laying on the white sands of Pensacola beach, reading a book, I mean a real heartwarming novel, not a parenting book, having my ice tea with real honey still melting in the glass, full of ice, and two pieces of lemon on top…all by myself. I was day dreaming when I was washing my daughter. My daughter splashed on my face, and giggled. Major alarm -- 11:45am, it was almost time for our papa to come home for lunch. My son was staring at me all this time in front of the bathroom door, he didn’t say a word, but his 4 years old, ‘I’m a big boy’, eyes were surely telling me, “I guess we are having ramen noodles for lunch.”

As soon as my husband walked in, I had a meltdown. As soon as my husband gave me the sweetest kiss and a hug, and a just little but very caring question, “how was your morning?”, I couldn’t help but crying like my daughter, like when she had  her favorite snack taken away from her. It was desperate crying, death crying.  My husband, being the sweetest thing like he always have, let me rest till he goes back to work.
 My kitchen radio was still on, faithfully playing the nice Christian music like she always has; I just didn’t notice all this morning… she was still there. My husband turned the volume up and said, “Jane, I want you to listen to this song.” My faithful kitchen radio was playing ‘Do Everything’ by Steven Curtis Chapman.
 Have you ever laughed and cried so hard at the same time? Well, I have. It’s a very embarrassing thing, especially in front of your children.  But I didn’t care this time, because my Father told me something.
“I love you so very very much, Jane.”
Yes, He called my name.
 So here I go, knowing that every little thing I do for His glory brings a smile on my Father’s face, I hope this ‘little thing’ I do, sharing my humble recipes and my embarrassing moments with you, brings a smile to my Father’s face. Well, let me say that again. I hope it makes my Father laugh.
I hope He laughs so hard that He cries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment